SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a big deal when it comes to website designing. Almost every top-ranked and reputed website have good SEO.
Get ready for SEO 101 roller-coaster ride through basics of SEO, foundational roles of SEO, good and bad practices and how it can help you increase your organic research.
WHAT IS SEO?
As you might know by now, SEO is Search Engine Optimization and it is the process of strengthening your site to bring it on the top when a user makes relevant searches. SEO allows you to enhance the essence of your content, increase web traffic and promote your brand through organic search engine results.
WHAT IS ORGANIC RESULT?
As we usually search on Google or Bing, sometimes on the top, we see paid websites labeled as ‘ad’. Except for these paid ads, all the non-paid websites popping on top are called organic results. The top organic results are the ones who have achieved their place for performing better SEO.
WORKING OF SEARCH ENGINES
Search engines are nothing but machines who have solutions. People ask questions and search machines try to provide them with the most relevant answer possible. They “eat” trillions of words, digest them, catalogue them and portray when a needy ask.
Search engines utilize bots (Google bots in google) to crawl through sites, gather information and then arrange sites in an index via a process called crawling and indexing. Ordering websites according to how exact solution it gives to query is called Ranking.
In today’s modern-day SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) are stacked with unique and convenient results including ‘Q&A on Google’, ‘People also ask’ boxes, Related searches, featured snippets and whatnot. Development of new SERP features is a dynamic process and reflects what people want.
WHY SEO IS VALUABLE ASPECT?
Even though paid advertisements make it on top, out of all US searches only 2.8% of people click on them. This suggests how important it is to increase the visibility of your site among organic results. A good SEO will bring a better rank for your content.
If you work smarter, master the art of SEO and apply it appropriately, it is just a matter of time that web traffic will funnel to you rather than periodically paying for it to come to you.
SHOULD I HIRE SEO CONSULTANTS?
The complexity of your site, your aptitude to learn and time limitation will decide whether you should hire an SEO agency or not. If you are willing to gain basic knowledge of SEO, then it can make a huge difference too. Anyways both options are justifiable.
It is also very important to understand that hiring SEO services plays a crucial part in site development. A good service can skillfully fetch your sight from the bottom and set it on top while a ‘not so good’ SEO service provider would do the opposite.
WHAT ARE ‘WHITE HAT SEO’ AND ‘BLACK HAT SEO’?
“White hat SEO” refers to operating good practices, employing ethical strategies and bringing invaluable content to users.
“Black hat SEO” speaks of attempting to trick search engines rather than genuinely trying to bring resourceful content. This can put your website at the risk of penalty and impart serious implications for utilization of unethical techniques.
SEARCH ENGINES SHARE SAME INTENTIONS WITH SEO INDUSTRY
Search engines are trying to promote your website by providing guidelines and being a backstage support system. Google has its version of the SEO beginner’s guide called ‘Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide’. Google monitors webmaster and SEOs. (Bing does not operate webmaster forum anymore).
GOOGLE WEBMASTER GUIDELINES
Google webmaster guidelines are designed to effectively lead your way through google ranking and indexing. Following are some of the elements you must consider.
- Create content for google users, not google search engine.
- Don’t mislead users
- Don’t use tricks to increase search engine ranking. Rather, attempt increasing the quality of content and convenience of users.
- Aim for making your site more dynamic and useful.
- Link scheme participation
- Generating automatic content
- Creating heavily plagiarized content
- Practicing cloaking, which is portraying different content to search engine crawlers than users.
- Hidden text or/and links
- Creating doorway pages to rank higher for specific searches and attracting traffic to your site.
BING WEBMASTER GUIDELINES
Following Bing webmaster guidelines will help your site achieve a better rank if precise and efficient techniques complying with some of the following key elements are employed.
- Make content lucid, comprehendible and user-friendly.
- Keep the title of content proper and articulate.
- Bing rewards links which have grown through organic popularity.
- The speed of your site is of importance.
- For a better understanding of content utilize alt attributes to narrate the images.
- Heavy plagiarism and stuffing keywords
- Low content, many ads and links, redirecting users on other sites will result in a low ranking.
- Non-letter characters in URL
Google’s guidelines for representation of local businesses
Authorization for Google my Business listing is given to businesses which provide face to face services either by driving to the customer’s place or serve at the business location.
- Check whether you are eligible for Google My Business Index.
- Your business must have a physical address, it is okay if it’s your home address.
- Exact and authentic presentation of your local business must be given including business name, contact number, website, services timeline, etc.
- Confusing and wrong information about your main business
- Stuffing false keywords to attract web traffic
- Using PO boxes or virtual set-up rather than an actual address
- Mistakes arising from not understanding detailed google’ guidelines
SEO AND USER
The relationship between users and SEO is more intimate than it seems. SEO is designed to bring users even closer to what they seek, and as a part of this procedure, you have to fulfill the user’s intent.
Check out what your potential competitors put on their website, learn from them, know what users desire and try to provide even better content.
Providing high-quality, relevant and user-friendly content will help your website to grow in terms of web traffic and ranking. Creating a good website and learning what people want is everything.
Being instrumental and productive in all the spheres of digital presence to maintain your SEO ranks. With the increasing competition, declining SEO ranks is a common problem faced by online businesses. ChicagoTechSolution experts devise strategic solutions and help to constantly upgrade your website to maintain and escalate your ranks. With a wide range of services in web development, digital marketing and branding we are here to help you grow your business and optimize your digital space.