There’s no doubt that using competitive keywords for ranking and optimizing your landing pages for conversions is an effective way to increase traffic and sales. However, did you know there’s something other than website optimization that should be your marketing priority?
One of the most effective ways to create a constructive sales funnel is to optimize and analyze your branded search. Branded search optimization help generate more traffic to your site and increase your brand’s reliance and loyalty. This helps in giving your brand a higher conversion rate and more visibility.
What is Branded Search?
Branded search (also known as brand-driven search) appears whenever a user types a search query that contains your brand or product name. These search queries are used by people who are already familiar with your brand name. Whether you’re a start-up company or a big fish, it’s crucial to rank number one for your branded search.
Take some time to Google your company’s brand and analyze the search results page, also known as Brand SERP. It helps in providing useful information regarding your brand’s reputation.
It’s important to note that getting a huge number can help your brand grow on various levels. An increase in brand search volume means an increase in rankings for your non-branded keywords. In this way, Google starts associating your brand with these keywords, making them highly relevant.
The Importance of Branded Search:
Many businesses tend to neglect to optimize their branded search. However, whenever someone searches for your brand, the results tell a lot about your products, website, and business.
The use of your company’s brand name in a search demonstrates that the customer is aware of your brand and is particularly looking for your company. This means they wish to go directly to your site. That’s why it’s crucial to rank at the top of a search results page for branded search.
Therefore, branded search should be one of your brand’s marketing priorities. Here’s why it is essential for your brands:
- Branded search query is a great way to figure out the issues your existing customers are facing. It also plays a vital part in determining the problems your future customers may experience with your products or website.
- Brand SERPs are one of the factors that influence the customer buying decision. When your brand appears at the top of search results, it tells a lot about your business and its reliability.
- Branded search is crucial in analyzing and understanding the online sentiment around your brand and that of the competitors.
- Apart from understanding current searching patterns, a branded search can also help evaluate buyers’ journeys.
- Google starts to generate search suggestions if your brand name is searched enough
- It is mostly high-intent, where users searching your brand name wants to either go straight away to your website or research your company name before making a purchase.
Steps to Organize Your Branded Search Queries:
Have you ever wondered what people see when they start typing your company’s brand name into the search bar? Fortunately, it’s pretty straightforward to research and organize your search query. Here’s how you can find out:
Analyze Google’s Immediate Suggestions:
Google Immediate Suggestions tell a lot about the most common buyers’ journeys as it depends on how often each of the search queries is being used. It’s crucial to note that Google Suggest is likely to influence buyer’s decisions 23% of the time.
Use Keyword Research Tools
Your brand name is indeed your most crucial keyword. You want users to search more for your brand as it helps evaluate your marketing efforts and measure brand awareness. Therefore, it’s essential to perform keyword research using your brand name. There are a few powerful keyword research tools you can use to analyze relevant keywords.
The Bottom Line:
Branded search is one of the most powerful (yet neglected) marketing strategies out there. Brand-driven search helps give a lot of insight into your niche, competition, product, or website problems (and how to fix them). Therefore, it’s essential to make it a marketing priority to generate traffic to your website and increase brand trust and loyalty.